All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionFor most managers, let alone the employees involved, the disciplinary process can be painful and embarrassing. Poor performance tends to be confused with misconduct and consequently carries the stigma of punishment; this despite the fact that most company policies and indeed the ACAS Code (correctly) put emphasis on improving behaviour or performance, rather than punishment. Derek Eccleston's concise guide provides a clear picture of the purpose and the process of the disciplinary procedure. This toolkit approach contains invaluable information and includes clear checklists and sample letters to help guide managers and supervisors through the minefield of employment rights, explaining what to do and how to do it. Written in a nsense way, The Manager's Guide to Discipline is free of legal jargon and focuses on the practical issues throughout. It will help to protect the organisation, whilst ensuring matters are dealt with, t left or brushed under the carpet because of a lack of management confidence. This essential reference will encourage managers to approach performance and disciplinary problems proactively and with more confidence and will significantly reduce the risk of getting it wrong.
- Author BiographyDerek Eccleston is an experienced, practical consultant, specializing in the provision of advice and training on employment law and employee relations, through his consultancy Employment Law Training Ltd. Kate Goschen of HR Remedies is an experienced and qualified consultant with excellent technical employment law knowledge. She prides herself on her practical application having spent the first 10 years of her career in senior HR roles within a number of industries including broadcasting and local government.
- Author(s)Derek Eccleston,Kate Goschen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2008
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGower Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight208 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.