All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJoin Kumiko in The Manga Guide to Physiology as she examines the inner workings of the body while training hard for the campus marathon. You'll learn all about: How the digestive system and the Citric Acid Cycle break food down into nutrients and energy How the body regulates temperature and vital fluids The body's powerful cell defense system, led by helper T cells and enforced by macrophages The architecture of the central nervous system The kidneys' many talents: blood filtration, homeostasis, and energy production You'll also gain insight into medical procedures like electrocardiograms, blood pressure tests, spirograms, and more. Whether you're cramming for a test like Kumiko or just want a refresher, The Manga Guide to Physiology is your fun, cartoon guide to the human body.
- Author BiographyEtsuro Tanaka is a Doctor of Medicine who specializes in physiology and nutritional science. A professor in the Tokyo University of Agriculture Faculty of Applied Bio-Science, he has also written several popular physiology textbooks for nursing students.
- Author(s)Becom Ltd.,Etsuro Tanaka,Keiko Koyama
- PublisherNo Starch Press,US
- Date of Publication27/11/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationDaly City, California
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNo Starch Press,US
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight554 g
- Width180 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.