All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Manipulators has been developed from the true experiences of Lisa; from the 1960s when she worked as barmaid and 'stripper' before becoming a Mayfair 'hostess', to 1986 when she was charged with running a brothel; ending in 1991 as optimism and determination turned to despair and terror when she found there was ' place to hide'. The events are factual but the characters, and many of the places involved, have been changed to avoid identification of the incent - and the guilty. Set mainly in London, The Manipulators is a dramatised account of a woman struggling to survive the lust, violence and betrayal inflicted by numerous men in her life, including well-kwn figures in social, political, industrial, criminal, legal, literary and show-business circles. The story could have been told as a mere series of lurid and violent episodes. Instead, it is written with considerable warmth and humour.
- Author(s)Linda Wain
- Date of Publication06/03/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationIllford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight683 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.46
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.77
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.14
- AU $12.11Trending at AU $19.07
- AU $59.85Trending at AU $63.64
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $20.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.