All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionRosanna Mullins Leprohon's The Mar House of De Villerai: A Tale of Canada Under the French Dominion is a literary milestone--it is the first Canadian historical vel, in English or French, to rewrite the conquest of the French Canadians from the perspective of history's vanquished. Its revisionary account of the fall of New France is framed around a love triangle between the heroine, Blanche de Villerai, her childhood betrothed, Gustave de Montarville, and Blanche's servant, Rose Lauzon. Popular in its original serial publication and once widely reprinted in both French and English, but w out of print, The Mar House of De Villerai is a long-overlooked Canadian classic. In addition to the text originally serialized in the Family Herald magazine, this Broadview Edition includes extensive documents on the vel's reception, Leprohon's historical sources and literary precedents, and maps and art from the period.
- Author BiographyRosanna Mullins Leprohon (1829-79) was a poet and novelist from montreal, Quebec. Andrea Cabajsky is Associate Professor of Comparative Literature and English at the University of Moncton.
- Author(s)Rosanna Mullins Leprohon
- PublisherBroadview Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleBroadview Editions
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBroadview Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAndrea Cabajsky
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.