The Manor Reborn: The Transformation of Avebury Manor by Sian Evans (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.92Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 7 Feb
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionForewords by Penelope Keith and Paul Martin Avebury Mar in Wiltshire, one of the most beautiful houses in England has been empty for years. Its owners, the National Trust, have teamed up with the BBC and an enthusiastic team of experts and volunteers to transform the house and bring it back to life. This book accompanies the landmark BBC 1 series and follows the restoration of a lovely historic house as an immersive visitor experience, where the public can touch, sit on and enjoy all aspects of the house. The history of Avebury Mar itself is fascinating and includes stories of many of its eccentric owners over its lifetime; from the first owner who ended up in the Tower; a goverr of Jamaica who ate and drank himself to death, to a marmalade magnate who specialised in racy women and witchcraft. The Mar Reborn follows the revation each step of the way and tells the story of a house over five centuries, from the age of Elizabeth I through to the eve of World War 2. The book explores a wide range of craft and furniture-making skills, taking inspiration from other great houses across the country. Nine rooms in Avebury Mar are furnished and decorated by Penelope Keith and Paul Martin's team of expert craftsmen in four period styles - Tudor, Georgian,Victorian and pre-war Modern, including a walled Victorian kitchen garden.
- Author BiographySian Evans previously worked for the National Trust, the Victoria and Albert Museum and the Design Museum, and is the author of Ghosts: Mysterious Tales from the National Trust, The Manor Reborn and Mrs Ronnie, all published by National Trust Books.
- Author(s)Sian Evans
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication07/11/2011
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Trust Books
- Content Note200 colour
- Weight1066 g
- Width199 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.