The Many Faces of Journaling: Topics and Techniques for Personal Journal Writing by Linda C. Senn (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.24+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis book opens with a chapter on the history of journaling with sample entries by such tables as Walt Whitman and Anne Frank. It then moves on to 12 topic chapters, such as therapeutic-cathartic writing, recording personal goals and growth, and developing your creativity. This second edition of The Many Faces of Journaling includes two chapters: Scrapbook Journaling and Environmental Journaling, each of which is a hot topic among today's media and hobbyists. Chapters 2 - Personal Growth & Goals, 3 - Therapeutic Journaling, and 4 - Upbeat Journaling all deal with aspects of personal development. Chapters 5 - Creativity Journaling and 6 - Scrapbook Journaling are more playful. The next chapters 7 - Journaling for the Next Generation, 8 - Historic Perspective, and 9 - Environmental Journaling teach the reader effective ways to record past and current events from a personal perspective for future readers. Chapters 10 - Nature Journaling, 11 - Dream Journaling, and 12 - Travel Journaling demonstrate different methods for writing in depth about each topic. And in chapter 13 - Chrological Journaling, Senn explains how to use a daily journal for current and future reference, including such nitty gritty facts as the date on which your car gets an oil change and when you got your last tetanus shot. In each chapter, the author describes the benefits and assorted methods of writing for each topic, shows the readers how to spice up their journal entries, and includes over 130 examples throughout the book. The Creating Fascinating Family Memoirs appendix provides a step-by-step plan for writing a family history, one person at a time. The simple family tree creates a framework from which to begin making detailed tes. The author then shows how to add life and flavour to each family member's description complete with examples.
- Author BiographyLinda Senn, author, book coach, and consultant, has written six non-fiction books, a training guide, and several instruction manuals. In addition, she teaches writing, creativity, and journaling classes, and is an adjunct instructor at University of Missouri in St. Louis. A former president and board member of the St. Louis Publishers Association, she belongs to that group and to the St. Louis Writers Guild and ESPW (Encouraging, Supporting, and Promoting Women). Two of her books, The Many Faces of Journaling and Your Pocket Divorce Guide, are used in university classes. Senn also developed two Web sites: www.DivorceTransitions.com and www.PenCentralOnline.com.
- Author(s)Linda C. Senn
- PublisherPen Central Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2008
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationSaint Louis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPen Central Press
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight312 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.