All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionIt all started with a black rose and a rich young man. And a house with a creek running through it. And then there she was, Kip Flynn, standing beside her boyfriend's dead body and agreeing to take a large sum of money from the young man's father to keep quiet. As if she could have done anything else, being so scared and grief-stricken and maybe pregnant. But that's t the end of it. You see, there's some kind of connection between Kip and this rich developer's son that keeps them tight in one ather's orbit. So when Kip awakens from her grief, intent on revenge, they find themselves pursuing one ather with a ferocity they can barely understand, one that spirals outward, with subway accidents and arson and drainpipes and backhoe wars, to envelop roommates, two guilty fathers, a window-cleaner or two, landlords, family secrets, a Vietnamese gangster, a stand-up bass player and an activist tour guide. And concluding in the subterranean heart of Toronto itself, which, like Kip, is torn between vengefulness and growth. Sean Dixon is a velist, playwright, and banjo player. He's the author of the vel The Last Days of the Lacuna Cabal; two vels for young readers, The Feathered Cloak and The Winter Drey; and several plays, including those collected in AWOL: Three Plays for Theatre SKAM.
- Author BiographySean Dixon: Sean Dixon is a playwright, novelist and actor. His plays have been produced in Canada, the U.S., Australia and the U.K., and collected in AWOL: Three Plays for Theatre SKAM (Coach House). Sean's first novel was The Girls Who Saw Everything(Coach House; published in the U.K. [HarperCollins] and the U.S. [Other Press] as The Last Days of the Lacuna Cabal), named one of the Best Books of 2007 by Quill & Quire. He is the author of two books for young readers, The Feathered Cloak and The Winter Drey. He is currently writing a play about Ovid and the banjo.
- Author(s)Sean Dixon
- PublisherCoach House Books
- Date of Publication04/10/2011
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintCoach House Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight371 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.