All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere is always a healthy interest in the actors who have played the role of the world's most famous detective, Sherlock Holmes. But Sir Arthur Conan Doyle also created the world's best kwn sidekick, Dr. John H. Watson. The men and women who played the role of stalwart ally is quite an eclectic gathering. Here is compiled a listing and discussion of some of the best kwn people who have played the part of Watson from the earliest days of silent film to the action heroes of the 21st century. All royalties from this book go towards the Undershaw Preservation Trust. Please visit facebook.com/saveundershaw and -like- to show your support.
- Author BiographyKieran McMullen is an author with a background as varied as his favorite character Dr. John H. Watson. McMullen grew up in the seashore town of Northport on Long Island s North shore. Here he learned a love of fishing and sailing. He then spent twenty-two years on active duty in the US Army, retiring as a Lieutenant Colonel after serving in the Gulf War. He and his wife spent the next twenty years in Rush Springs, Oklahoma where they raised their three children. McMullen worked in defense contracting and spent twelve years in law enforcement. He was also a member of the Grady County Volunteer Fire Department. McMullen has been involved in training horse teams and artillery for Civil War reenacting since the early 1980 s and holds a BA in History from St. John s University and an MA in Human Resources from Pepperdine. Kieran and his wife Helen along with horses and Irish Wolfhounds now live just north of Darien, Georgia. Kieran has been a fan of Holmes and Watson since his father, an English Literature professor, gave him the complete Doyle stories at the age of eight. He is the author of three books from MX Publishing: Watson s Afghan Adventure, Sherlock Holmes and the Irish Rebels and the soon to be published, Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of the Boer Wagon. He has also published a work on the care of horse teams for Civil War re-enactors and holds a patent for artillery howitzers. This book has been written to help the cause of preserving the home of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Undershaw. All royalties from this book are being donated to the Undershaw Preservation Trust. The Trust can be contacted at saveundershaw.com.
- Author(s)Kieran McMullen
- PublisherMX Publishing
- Date of Publication24/09/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMX Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight207 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $33.35
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.