All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs a foundation of the Order of St. John, St. John Ambulance has been providing first aid training programs in Canada for the past 125 years. From the sweatshops of the Victorian era and military hospitals of the First World War to a modern-day volunteer organization devoted to the service of humanity, this history recounts the remarkable story of the Order's contribution to our country and those who made it possible. With connections to the hospitaller work of the Order of St. John in the tenth and eleventh centuries, the Order of St. John finds its modern roots in the English revival of this charitable work in 1831. The 1883 establishment of the Order of St. John in Canada signalled the beginning of a long and distinguished history of service to Canadians and people around the globe. As a nationwide volunteer organization involving more than 25,000 Canadians, St. John Ambulance continues to be the principal provider of first aid training in Canada.
- Author BiographyChristopher McCreery has served as the Priory Historian for the Order of St. John since 2005. A respected institutional historian, McCreery holds a doctorate in Canadian history from Queen's University, is a Fellow of the Royal Canadian Geographic Society, and has been the recipient of awards for his work on honours.
- Author(s)Christopher P. McCreery
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication16/06/2008
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight868 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.