The Market Approach to Valuing Businesses Workbook by Karen Thorn, Shannon P. Pratt (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $102.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $29.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionPut the principles of the market approach to valuing businesses to work! This is an indispensable, hands on workbook to help valuation experts (and those who want to be) better understand the application of methods used in the increasingly prevalent market approach to valuing businesses. With convincing evidence of value for both buyers and sellers, the market approach can end stalemates and get deals closed. Acclaimed for its empirical basis and objectivity, its the model most favored by the IRS and the United States Tax Court as long as it s properly implemented. A companion to the definitive book on the topic, The Market Approach to Valuing Businesses, Second Edition , this workbook includes questions and exercises that bring the concepts to life. It parallels the book and helps readers understand the methodologies. It also provides practical experience in applying the relevant theories and formulas. Perfect for CPAs, appraisers, corporate development officers, intermediaries such as brokers and investment bankers, venture capitalists, and consultants, this workbook can also be the basis for dynamic in house training programs.
- Author BiographyShannon P. Pratt, CFA, FASA, MCBA, CM&AA, is the Chairman and CEO of Shannon Pratt Valuations, Inc. a premier business valuation firm located in Portland Oregon, and is the founder and Editor Emeritus of Business Valuation Resources, LLC. Over a distinguished career of close to four decades, he has performed valuation engagements for M&A, ESOPs, gift and estate taxation, marital dissolution, shareholder oppression and dissent, and numerous other purposes. He has conducted numerous fairness and solvency opinions, has testified in a wide variety of federal and state courts across the country, and frequently participates in arbitration and mediation proceedings. Dr. Pratt is one of the most successful and respected authors in his field. He is the author or coauthor of several industry standards, including Valuing a Business: The Analysis and Appraisal of Closely Held Companies, Valuing Small Businesses and Professional Practices, The Market Approach to Valuing Businesses, Standards of Value, Business Valuation and Taxes, The Lawyer's Business Valuation Handbook, and Cost of Capital. ALINA V. NICULITA, CFA, is President and COO of Shannon Pratt Valuations, LLC. She earned her bachelor of economics in banking and financing from the Academy of Economic Studies in Bucharest, Romania, and her master's in business administration in finance from the Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business at the University of Pittsburgh. Ms. Niculita is a Chartered Financial Analyst, a member of the CFA Institute, and a candidate of the American Society of Appraisers in Business Valuation.
- Author(s)Karen Thorn,Shannon P. Pratt
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/01/2006
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight251 g
- Width179 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.