All listings for this product
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $12.87
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.09
- AU $9.91Trending at AU $13.64
- AU $9.75Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $8.82Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $8.73Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $25.00
About this product
- DescriptionYoyo has listened to Mama Cecile s song about how to make ndole (bitterleaf stew) her entire life long eugh to kw how to make it herself, w that she is finally old eugh. But slicing the bitterleaf, grinding the pumpkin, measuring out the shrimp it just takes too long. Yoyo is confident that her variation on the stew will be good eugh. As Mama Cecile and Yoyo set off to market, Mama reminds Yoyo what will happen if she refuses a fair price for the stew Brother Coin, the Great Spirit of the Market, will put a curse on their market bowl. When Yoyo refuses to heed Mama s advice, she is faced with the task of trying to regain a blessing from the god himself. An original folktale set in modern-day Cameroon, THE MARKET BOWL teaches readers a lesson about patience, humility, and the value of a fair price. Back matter includes further information about Cameroon and its people and traditions as well as a recipe for ndole Cameroon s national food dish.
- Author BiographyJim Averbeck was a Peace Corps volunteer in Cameroon from 1990 until 1994. He is the author of IN A BLUE ROOM, a 2009 Charlotte Zolotow Honor Book. He is the author and illustrator of EXCEPT IT and OH NO, LITTLE DRAGON! Jim lives in San Francisco, California.
- Author(s)Jim Averbeck
- PublisherCharlesbridge Publishing,U.S.
- Date of Publication26/02/2013
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationWatertown
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCharlesbridge Publishing,U.S.
- Content Notechiefly col. Illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.