The Marketing of Rebellion: Insurgents, Media and International Activism by Clifford Bob (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.59Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow do a few Third World political movements become global causes celebres, while most remain isolated? This book rejects dominant views that needy groups readily gain help from selfless ngovernmental organizations (NGOs). Instead, they face a Darwinian struggle for scarce resources where support goes to the savviest, t the neediest. Examining Mexico's Zapatista rebels and Nigeria's Ogoni ethnic group, the book draws critical conclusions about social movements, NGOs, and 'global civil society'.
- Author BiographyClifford Bob is Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science and Graduate School of Social and Public Policy at Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA where he teaches courses on comparative politics, international law and organization, human rights, and ethnic conflict. He holds a PhD in political science from the Massachusetts Institute of Techology. His published work includes articles in Foreign Policy (cover article), Social Problems, International Politics (lead article), American Journal of International Law (co-author), Journal of Human Rights, PS: Politics & Political Science, and Social Policy. Dr Bob has won fellowships from the Smith Richardson Foundation (Junior Faculty Program in International Security/Foreign Policy), United States Institute of Peace, Social Science Research Council/American Council of Learned Societies, Albert Einstein Institution, Harvard-MIT MacArthur Transnational Security Program, and Duquesne University.
- PrizesWinner of International Studies Association Annual Best Book Award 2007.
- Author(s)Clifford Bob
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/06/2005
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Contentious Politics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 maps 2 tables
- Weight380 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.43New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.09New
- AU $6.50Used
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $23.80New
- AU $11.17Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.17New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.