All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionKin: Anna, an Ivy League poetry scholar, and Sean, an Irish personal trainer, hardly seem destined for one ather. But as their web of disparate family and friends crosses great distances - both psychologically and geographically - an unlikely new family is forged. Bathsheba Doran's play sheds a sharp light on the changing face of kinship in the expansive landscape of the modern world. Parents Evening: It's dusk. Mother and father are in their bedroom, dressing in preparation for Parents' Evening at their only daughter's primary school. During this rare opportunity to check in, the couple embarks on a volatile, passionate and surprising confrontation that challenges every one of their life choices. The play is a painfully witty, perceptive exploration of the landlines of parenting in modern marriage. The Mystery of Love and Sex: Charlotte and Jonny definitely do love each other. But t that way. Or maybe that way. They're in college and have been close friends since they were nine. They might be in love. They might be moving in together. They might be getting married. Or they might t. Also, Charlotte wonders if she might be gay. Or maybe bisexual. As does Jonny.So why are they turning their relationship romantic? Deeply insightful and very funny, the play captures both the aimless yet headstrong swagger of the twentysomethings, as well as the guarded, practiced veneer of their parents.
- Author BiographyBathsheba Doran is a British playwright living in New York City. Doran, nicknamed Bash , grew up in London and studied at Cambridge University. She was a contemporary of Robert Webb and David Mitchell and her first job as a professional writer was comedy sketch writing for their BBC2 show Bruiser. She then worked for several years as a comedy writer, writing for shows like Smack the Pony and TV to Go. In 2000, she moved to the United States on a Fulbright Scholarship. She received her Master of Fine Arts from Columbia University in 2003, and went on to become a playwriting fellow at Juilliard School. Doran's work has been developed by the O'Neill Playwriting Center, Lincoln Center, Manhattan Theatre Club and Sundance Theatre Lab, among others. She helped Lear deBessonet with her play transFigures, and is currently under commission from the Atlantic Theater Company and Playwrights Horizons. Doran's play, Kin, described as exquisitely wrought by the New York Times, premiered at off-Broadway's Playwrights Horizons from 25 February - 3 April 2011, under the direction of Sam Gold. Her play The Mystery of Love and Sex, directed by Sam Gold, will open at Lincoln Center on 2 March 2015. She was nominated for a 2012 Writers Guild Award for her work on the HBO series Boardwalk Empire. She also wrote episodes for season 2 of the NBC show Smash. She is a writer and co-producer of season 2 of the Showtime show Masters of Sex.
- Author(s)Bathsheba Doran
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication31/05/2016
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleOberon Modern Playwrights
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.