Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.31Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Masculinities Reader provides a clear and comprehensive introduction to the key debates informing the study of masculinity. Structured in an accessible format, the book makes available in a single text some of the most important work on a range of subjects including male power; patriarchy; management and organizations; sexualities; gay friendships; sport; intimacy; identity; hegemonic masculinity; violence; schooling; language; homophobia; Black, Lati and Chica masculinities; families; media; postmodernism; and subjectivity. The book opens with a substantive introductory chapter that looks at masculinity in crisis, post--feminism, mena s power, changing men, nature/nurture debates and concepts of identity. Recognizing the global dimensions of gender change, the book draws on research from many corners of the world. The Masculinities Reader is an essential text for students and researchers concerned with exploring men and masculinities. In providing a unique overview of an increasingly important field of sociological enquiry, this book will be an invaluable addition to students and academics in sociology, gender studies, cultural studies, and a range of other disciplines. Contributors include: Arthur Brittan, David Collinson, Bob Connell, Ralph Donald, David Gutterman, Jeff Hearn, Deborah Kerfoot, Scott Kiesling, Michael Kimmel, John MacInnes Richard Majors, Michael Messner, Alfredo Mirande, David Morgan, Peter Nardi and Lynne Segal.
- Author BiographyStephen M. Whitehead is Lecturer in Education Studies at the University of Keele, and Frank J. Barrett is Associate Professor of Management and Organizational Behavior in the Graduate School of Business and Public Policy at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California.
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication12/11/2001
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight539 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byFrank Barrett,Stephen Whitehead
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $19.54Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $32.25Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $11.14Trending at AU $14.18
- AU $15.04Trending at AU $16.94
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $31.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.