All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, from Europe's leading Mask director and co-founder of the Trestle Theatre Company, provides a fascinating demystification of the process of using masks. Full of simple explanations, and collating over twenty-five years' experience of writing for, directing and acting in masks, The Mask Handbook examines how masks have the ability to play the fundamental game of theatre - the suspension of disbelief. The Handbook includes: * an introduction to the origin of masks * advice on preparing, making and using masks * tips on writing, devising and directing maskwork * lots of fun and effective practical exercises. This accessible and inspiring handbook will empower teachers, directors and actors to fully explore the world of the mask.
- Author BiographyToby Wilsher trained at Middlesex University then co-founded Trestle Theatre Company in 1981. For 23 years he was an actor, writer, maker, designer and director for Trestle, seeing his work performed in 31 countries. Since 2004 he is a freelance director, writer and corporate trainer.
- Author(s)Toby Wilsher
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/10/2006
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.