Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.71Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA treasure beyond price. The Masqueraders is a wicked delight, worth more than its weight in gold. ?Anne StuartSuch a daring escape?Their infamous adventurer father has taught Prudence Tremaine and her brother Robin to be masters of disguise. Ending up on the wrong side of the Jacobite rebellion, brother and sister flee to London, Prudence pretending to be a dashing young buck, and Robin a lovely young lady.Could cost them both their hearts?Then Prudence meets the elegant Sir Anthony Fanshawe, and Robin becomes the mysterious hero of the charming Letitia Grayson, and in order to have what they truly want, the two masqueraders must find a way to unmask themselves without losing their lives? What with elopements, rescues, duels, and cards, the story goes excitingly; and finally the magnificent but dubious father proves himself a Viscount. It is a picturesque and engaging story. ?THE SPECTATORPRAISE FOR GEORGETTE HEYER: Our Georgette Heyer display of the Sourcebooks reprints has been a huge success, t only to those early fans like myself, but to many new readers who appreciate her style and wit. Nancy Olson, Quail Ridge Books, Raleigh, NC Reading Georgette Heyer is the next best thing to reading Jane Austen. Publishers Weekly Wonderful characters, elegant, witty writing, perfect period detail, and rapturously romantic. Georgette Heyer achieves what the rest of us only aspire to. Katie FfordeWHAT READERS SAY: Heyer manages to make us believe in this entertaining masquerade of the siblings posing each as a member of the opposite sex. Very true to the period indeed. Strongly recommended. Such a great book-the ultimate romantic, swashbuckling, identity-swapping fantasy. A must-read for Heyer fans. Anyone who loves Shakespeare's Viola (and who thinks Shakespeare didn't give her eugh to do in Twelfth Night) will enjoy Georgette Heyer's heroine Prudence. I wore the cover out on this one almost forty years ago. Believe me, Ms Heyer stands the test of time!
- Author BiographyThe late Georgette Heyer was a very private woman. Her historical novels have charmed and delighted millions of readers for decades, though she rarely reached out to the public to discuss her works or private life. It is known that she was born in Wimbledon in August 1902, and her first novel, The Black Moth, was published in 1921. Heyer published 56 books over the next 53 years, until her death from lung cancer in 1974. Heyer's large volume of works included Regency romances, mysteries and historical fiction. Known also as the Queen of Regency romance, Heyer was legendary for her research, historical accuracy and her extraordinary plots and characterizations. Her last book, My Lord John, was published posthumously in 1975. She was married to George Ronald Rougier, a mining engineer, and they had one son together, Richard.
- Author(s)Georgette Heyer
- PublisherSourcebooks Casablanca
- Date of Publication01/12/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSourcebooks Casablanca
- Weight358 g
- Width198 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.01New
- AU $88.73New
- AU $21.56New
- AU $43.88New
- AU $23.51New
- AU $25.04New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $88.73
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.16
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.86
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.85
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.