The Master Key to Asia: A 6-Step Guide to Unlocking New Markets by David Clive Price (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.92Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHave you thought about launching or developing your business in Asia but you can't seem to fully grasp the way business is done? Are you already operating in one Asian country but you're worried about getting into the business culture of ather? Well you aren't alone! Research shows that the majority of business people going into Asia, including CEOs and senior executives, have experience of an Asian country, don't speak a word of an Asian language and have made adequate preparation for kwing the culture (s). They think Asia is one big region and anyway the business environment and mind-set are pretty much the same as their own. They can pick up the 'touchy feely' stuff later. The result is that they find themselves excluded from or trailing the competition because of simple cultural mistakes and poor communication. Companies waste MILLIONS of dollars in lost productivity, failed deals, ill-conceived strategies, and loss of goodwill simply because they don't understand the business etiquette, customs and traditions of the Asian country in which they operate or intend to operate. The Master Key to Asia is based on David Clive Price's experience of giving strategic communications advice to many Asian multinationals and of the challenges of setting up his own business in various Asian countries. This quick read book provides a step-by-step guide into the personal world of Asian business with Action Points and simple exercises to help the reader along the way. The cultures and business customs of 13 individual Asian countries are examined in detail, but there are also chapters on the Importance of Culture in International Business, the Basics of Asian Business Etiquette, Building Asian Leadership Skills, Asian Values, and The Road Map to Greater Success. Readers of this book will learn how to: * Enhance efficiency by understanding the impact of cultural differences * Eliminate cultural mistakes and blunders to raise performance * Communicate and present successfully to international audiences and clients * Build enduring relationships in Asia based on trust and credibility * Leverage cultural kwledge to build strong cross-border partnerships * Learn vital networking and negotiating skills in diverse cultures With this first book in his invative Master Key series, David Clive Price offers a clear path to transforming your company's abilities to meet the challenges of the Asian Century.
- Author BiographyDavid Clive Price has had a passion for Asia's peoples and cultures ever since he went to Japan in the 1980s and wrote a book about his travels throughout the country. This passion developed further in Hong Kong, where he struggled to make ends meet as a writer in the 1990s, wrote economic reports about Asian countries, and travelled all over the region researching books and articles. Finding himself on his pin ends with his Chinese spouse in a walk-up one-room apartment above a nightclub in Hong Kong, he resolved to join the corporate world and became Executive Speechwriter for Asia for one of the world's leading banks. It was 1995. Hong Kong was preparing to return to China. David spent the next few years writing speeches to be given by business and political leaders all over Asia and the world. He also began publishing a series of books on South Korea, Hong Kong, China, India, and Buddhism in the daily life of Asia. In 2000, he set up his own consultancy advising Asian multinationals and Western companies with Asian operations on their strategies and communications for cross-border expansion. This experience, and the challenges he faced launching his own business, forms the basis of his Master Key Series (TM) on the business cultures of Asia's high-growth markets. Check out his blog posts and articles at www. davidcliveprice.com and his daily posts on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Author(s)David Clive Price
- PublisherDCP Global Limited
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleMaster Key Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid Clive Price
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width140 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine10 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.