All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor many years, one of my favorite classroom devices in historical archaeology was to ask the students to imagine that they had to make the choice between saving-from some unnamed calamity-all master's theses or all doctoral disser tations in anthropology, but t both. Like good students, they usually looked to their Ph.D. holding professor and chose the dissertations. Much to their surprise, Iwouldrespondthatthetheseswould win withouteventakingtime to ponderthe issue. The issue is clearly one of often naive and rarely eloquent theses full of good primary data versus sometimes more sophisticated and better written works full of irrelevant theory and meaningless statistics. Perhaps this is an overstate ment of the situation, but it is t too far offthe mark. The University Microfilms International efforts to make the titles of disser tations in North America and the English speaking portions of Europe available through Dissertation Abstracts is commendable. With only one mir exception, dissertations in historical and underwater archaeology in the United States are to be found listed in Dissertation Abstracts and thus are available for purchase.
- Author(s)Annalies Corbin
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/03/2013
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleThe Springer Series in Underwater Archaeology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note58 black & white illustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Foreword byRoderick Sprague
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2002
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.