The Math We Need to Know and Do in Grades preK-5: Concepts, Skills, Standards and Assessments by Pearl Gold Solomon (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $58.27Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'I will be quoting many of the key points presented in the book often to others in my school' - Carol Amos, Teacher Leader/Mathematics Coordinator, Twinfield Union School, Plainfield, VT 'Makes a distinct contribution to the field of mathematics, explaining in clear language the relevance of the various concepts as they apply to elementary mathematics curricula' - Melissa Miller, Teacher, Randall G. Lynch Middle School, Farmington, AR 'A wonderful resource for readers who will be developing curriculum and lessons. Each content branch is clearly explained and has examples for easy development. Professionals will be able to easily build further examples' - Joseph DiGarbo, Teacher, Mohegan Elementary School, Uncasville, CT This updated and expanded new edition provides elementary math teachers with a step-by-step approach to planning standards-based curriculum, instruction, and w assessment, too. Pearl Gold Solomon covers the essential concepts and skills defined by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) using a simple-to-follow matrix that aligns activities and problems for the classroom with specific NCTM standards, and then provides appropriate assessments for each. An essential handbook for grades PreK-5, it provides detailed guidance, sample activities, problems, and assessments, all grade appropriate and ready to use. Highlights include a rubric, test specifications, other assessment resources, suggestions for working with calculators, educational software and graphics programs, and web sites. Teachers will find this invaluable when they: o Review their kwledge of mathematical concepts o Plan curriculum for a specific lesson, grade level, or an entire school o Respond to individual conceptual or procedural challenges among their learners o Assess student kwledge, both formally and informally Once again, Solomon turns confusing pedagogy into accessible instruction, giving new teachers clarity and experienced teachers a base that can easily be built upon. This is an indispensable resource for instructional leaders, district planners, staff developers, math coaches, and individual teachers seeking to enhance their instructional repertoire.
- Author BiographyPearl G. Solomon is professor emerita of teacher education at St. Thomas Aquinas College in Sparkill, New York. She has served as a director and officer for professional organizations and as a consultant to many school districts, the New York State Education Department, and the United States Department of Education. Solomon is the recipient of a number of special awards from the state and community for her work in science, math, health, and career education.
- Author(s)Pearl Gold Solomon
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication03/08/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.