All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor almost every student of physics, the first course on quantum theory raises a lot of puzzling questions and creates a very uncertain picture of the quantum world. This book presents a clear and detailed exposition of the fundamental concepts of quantum theory: states, effects, observables, channels and instruments. It introduces several up-to-date topics, such as state discrimination, quantum tomography, measurement disturbance and entanglement distillation. A separate chapter is devoted to quantum entanglement. The theory is illustrated with numerous examples, reflecting recent developments in the field. The treatment emphasises quantum information, though its general approach makes it a useful resource for graduate students and researchers in all subfields of quantum theory. Focusing on mathematically precise formulations, the book summarises the relevant mathematics.
- Author BiographyTeiko Heinosaari is a researcher at the Turku Centre for Quantum Physics, Finland. His research focuses on quantum measurements and quantum information theory. Mario Ziman is a researcher at the Research Center for Quantum Information, the Institute of Physics at the Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava and lectures at the Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University, Brno. His research interests include foundations of quantum physics, quantum estimations and quantum information theory.
- Author(s)Mario Ziman,Teiko Heinosaari
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2011
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note28 b/w illus. 2 tables 101 exercises
- Weight820 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.