All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScientific kwledge grows at a phemenal pace--but few books have had as lasting an impact or played as important a role in our modern world as The Mathematical Theory of Communication, published originally as a paper on communication theory more than fifty years ago. Republished in book form shortly thereafter, it has since gone through four hardcover and sixteen paperback printings. It is a revolutionary work, astounding in its foresight and contemporaneity. The University of Illiis Press is pleased and hored to issue this commemorative reprinting of a classic.
- Author BiographyClaude E. Shannon is a research mathematician at the Bell Telephone Laboratories and Donner professor of science at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Warren Weaver, at present a consultant on scientific projects to the Sloan Foundation, has had a distinguished academic, government, and foundation career. Both authors have received numerous awards and honors.
- Author(s)Claude E. Shannon,Warren Weaver
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication01/12/1949
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.