All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionWhat kwledge of mathematics do secondary school math teachers need to facilitate understanding, competency, and interest in mathematics for all of their students? This unique text and resource bridges the gap between the mathematics learned in college and the mathematics taught in secondary schools. Written in an informal, clear, and interactive learner-centered style, it is designed to help pre-service and in-service teachers gain the deep mathematical insight they need to engage their students in learning mathematics in a multifaceted way that is interesting, developmental, connected, deep, understandable, and often, surprising and entertaining. Features include Launch questions at the beginning of each section, Student Learning Opportunities, Questions from the Classroom, and highlighted themes throughout to aid readers in becoming teachers who have great MATH-N-SIGHT : M Multiple Approaches/Representations A Applications to Real Life T Techlogy H History N Nature of Mathematics: Reasoning and Proof S Solving Problems I Interlinking Concepts: Connections G Grade Levels H Honing of Mathematical Skills T Typical Errors This text is aligned with the recently released Common Core State Standards, and is ideally suited for a capstone mathematics course in a secondary mathematics certification program. It is also appropriate for any methods or mathematics course for pre- or in-service secondary mathematics teachers, and is a valuable resource for classroom teachers.
- Author BiographyAlan Sultan is Professor, Mathematics, Queens College of the City University of New York. Alice F. Artzt is Professor, Secondary Mathematics Education, Queens College of the City University of New York.
- Author(s)Alan Sultan,Alice F. Artzt
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleStudies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 7
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteFollowing Simple Formal Logic adapted for trim
- Weight1746 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.