The Mathematics of Oz: Mental Gymnastics from Beyond the Edge by Clifford A. Pickover (Hardback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.51Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.18+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrab a pencil. Relax. Then take off on a mind-boggling journey to the ultimate frontier of math, mind, and meaning as acclaimed author Dr Clifford Pickover, Dorothy, and Dr Oz explore some of the oddest and quirkiest highways and byways of the numerically obsessed. Prepare yourself for a shattering odyssey as The Mathematics of Oz unlocks the doors of your imagination. The thought-provoking mysteries, puzzles, and problems range from zebra numbers and circular primes to Legion's number - a number so big that it makes a trillion pale in comparison. The strange mazes, bizarre consequences, and dizzying arrays of logic problems will entertain people at all levels of mathematical sophistication. With numerous illustrations, this is an original, fun-filled, and thoroughly unique introduction to numbers and their role in creativity, computers, games, practical research, and absurd adventures that teeter on the edge of logic and insanity. The Mathematics of Oz will have you squirming in frustration and begging for more.
- Author BiographyClifford A. Pickover received his Ph.D. from Yale University and is the author of over twenty highly-acclaimed books on topics such as computers and creativity, art, mathematics, black holes, human behavior and intelligence, time travel, alien life, and science fiction. Pickover is a prolific inventor with dozens of patents, is the associate editor for several journals, the author of colorful puzzle calendars, and puzzle contributor to magazines geared to children and adults. The Los Angeles Times recently wrote, 'Pickover has published nearly a book a year in which he stretches the limits of computers, art, and thought.' Wired magazine wrote, 'Bucky Fuller thought big, Arthur C. Clarke thinks big, but Cliff Pickover outdoes them both.' Pickover's computer graphics have been featured on the cover of many popular magazines and on TV shows. His web site, www.pickover.com, has received over a half-million visits.
- Author(s)Clifford A. Pickover
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication02/09/2002
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note80 b/w illus.
- Weight710 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.12New
- AU $24.74New
- AU $19.88New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.70New
- AU $11.50Used
- AU $19.85New
- AU $31.89New
- AU $21.70New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.72Trending at AU $21.12
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.87
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $77.71
- AU $78.51Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.10
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $22.55
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $43.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.