All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the most comprehensive survey of the mathematical life of the legendary Paul Erdos (1913-1996), one of the most versatile and prolific mathematicians of our time. For the first time, all the main areas of Erdos' research are covered in a single project. Because of overwhelming response from the mathematical community, the project w occupies over 1000 pages, arranged into two volumes. These volumes contain both high level research articles as well as key articles that survey some of the cornerstones of Erdos' work, each written by a leading world specialist in the field. A special chapter Early Days , rare photographs, and art related to Erdos complement this striking collection. A unique contribution is the bibliography on Erdos' publications: the most comprehensive ever published. This new edition, dedicated to the 100th anniversary of Paul Erdos' birth, contains updates on many of the articles from the two volumes of the first edition, several new articles from prominent mathematicians, a new introduction, and more biographical information about Paul Erdos with an updated list of publications. The second volume contains chapters on graph theory and combinatorics, extremal and Ramsey theory, and a section on infinity that covers Erdos' research on set theory. All of these chapters are essentially updated, particularly the extremal theory chapter that contains a survey of flag algebras, a new technique for solving extremal problems.
- Author BiographyRonald L. Graham is currently Professor of Mathematics and Irwin and Joan Jacobs Professor of Computer and Information Sciences at the University of California, San Diego, and Chief Scientist at the California Institute for Telecommunications and Information Technology. Jaroslav Nesetril is currently Professor of Mathematics and Director of the Institute of Theoretical Computer Science at Charles University, Prague. Steve Butler is currently Assistant Professor of Mathematics at Iowa State University.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/08/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1100 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byJaroslav Nesetril,Ronald L. Graham,Steve Butler
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2013
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.