All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionArising from courses taught by the authors, this largely self-contained treatment is ideal for mathematicians who are interested in applications or for students from applied fields who want to understand the mathematics behind their subject. Early chapters cover Fourier analysis, functional analysis, probability and linear algebra, all of which have been chosen to prepare the reader for the applications to come. The book includes rigorous proofs of core results in compressive sensing and wavelet convergence. Fundamental is the treatment of the linear system y=PHIx in both finite and infinite dimensions. There are three possibilities: the system is determined, overdetermined or underdetermined, each with different aspects. The authors assume only basic familiarity with advanced calculus, linear algebra and matrix theory and modest familiarity with signal processing, so the book is accessible to students from the advanced undergraduate level. Many exercises are also included.
- Author BiographySteven B. Damelin is currently Full Professor at Georgia Southern University and Visiting Full Professor at the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg. Willard Miller, Jr is Professor Emeritus in the School of Mathematics at the University of Minnesota.
- Author(s)Steven B. Damelin,Willard Miller
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2011
- SubjectComputing: General
- Series TitleCambridge Texts in Applied Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number48
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note50 b/w illus. 265 exercises
- Weight680 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.