All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMathews County, Virginia, is a bleak strip of land along the Chesapeake with almost thing to offer ? but it sent one of the largest concentrations of sea captains and merchant mariners of any community in America to fight in World War II. The Mathews Men tells that heroic story through the experiences one extraordinary family whose seven sons (and their neighbours), all of them merchant marines, suddenly found themselves squarely in the cross-hairs of the first fleet of U-Boats bearing down on the coastal United States in 1942.
- Author BiographyWilliam Geroux wrote for the Richmond Times-Dispatch for twenty-five years. His writing has appeared in The New York Times, The Associated Press, and various regional magazines. He also has worked for Maersk, the largest container-shipping company in the world.
- Author(s)William Geroux
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- SubjectTrue Military / Combat Stories
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintViking Press Inc
- Content Note1
- Weight682 g
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.