Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.00+ postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by books5730
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionAs Professor Sasha Grishin writes: The artist, the print and the matrix sounds more like a title for a Peter Greenaway film than a title for an essay on the art of Bru Leti. In printmaking, the artform - along with painting, photography and the making of artists' books - that has occupied Bru Leti for the last half century, the matrix, is the object that carries the image the artist has made with the intention of making an impression on a piece of paper when it is run through a press at high pressure. It might be a block of wood, a piece of lileum, a slab of glass or a metal plate. The British Museum has made a practice of collecting t only famous artists' prints, but also the matrices from which they were made. Bru Leti has a studio full of old matrices, beautiful objects in themselves, even if they are longer useful after a print has been editioned. This book celebrates the 'Matrix', with extraordinary photographs and illuminating texts.
- Author(s)Anne Kirker,Bruno Leti,Chris Wallace-Crabbe,Sasha Grishin
- PublisherMacmillan Art Publishing
- Date of Publication15/11/2010
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yarra
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMacmillan Art Publishing
- Content Notecol illus.
- Weight1120 g
- Width301 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine18 mm
Most relevant reviews
- suekoala11 Sep, 2016by
A very interesting, beautifully presented book of interest to anyone intrigued by printmaking.
A beautifully presented book on the process of printmaking. an artwork in itself!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.