Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.86
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $39.23
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.22
- AU $18.99Trending at AU $25.28
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.00
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $15.04
About this product
- DescriptionA breathtaking collection of sea-faring tales. For the first time ever Patrick O'Brian's famous and much-loved Aubrey-Maturin vels will be available on audio CD - as omnibus editions and split into seven volumes. Follow the adventures of Jack Aubrey and his ship's surgeon Stephen Maturin. Theirs is one of the greatest friendships in all literature. These collections are a perfect tribute to such a literary achievement and a perfect gift for the O'Brian enthusiast. Collection Two contains The Mauritius Command, Desolation Island and The Fortune of War.
- Author BiographyPatrick O'Brian, until his death in 2000, was one of our greatest contemporary novelists. He is the author of the acclaimed Aubrey-Maturin tales and the biographer of Joseph Banks and Picasso. He is the author of many other books including Testimonies, and his Collected Short Stories. In 1995 he was the first recipient of the Heywood Hill Prize for a lifetime's contribution to literature. In the same year he was awarded the CBE. In 1997 he received an honorary doctorate of letters from Trinity College, Dublin. He lived for many years in South West France and he died in Dublin in January 2000.
- Author(s)Patrick O'Brian
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication28/05/2009
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleThe Aubrey-Maturin Chronicles
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Weight230 g
- Width139 mm
- Height142 mm
- Read byRobert Hardy
- Contained items statementContains 6 Audio cassettes (Audiobook)
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time505
- Edition StatementAbridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.