All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough interspersed with humour, drama and intrigue abound in this tortured life story of an exceptional man. Appalled at the desperate plight of his South African countrymen following the Anglo-Boer War (1899-1902), a young clergyman dedicates his life to achieving their upliftment. From Namaqualand, an isolated semi-desert, Dr. Willem Steenkamp battles near-illiteracy, superstition and intermarriage and pleads for irrigation. A fiery orator, his political opponents fear his burgeoning influence: imprisonment and slander follow his successes. But he is unstoppable...The reader also shares in the main historical events, including WWII sabotage and failed coups.
- Author BiographyStella Branca was born in South Africa and attended the University of Cape Town. Married to an Italian sweetheart, they had three children. She was a member of the prestigious Afrikaans Writers Guild. Her interests include portrait painting, sculpture, opera and languages. She holds a 3rd dan karate black belt.
- Author(s)Stella Branca
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication02/03/2015
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.