All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.06
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.57
About this product
- DescriptionAccording to Mayan prophecy, the world will end December 21, 2012. It is a mystery how the Mayans came to this conclusion; it is also a mystery how to stop certain doom. But in all their wisdom, is there a possibility that the Mayans knew how to postpone the end of the world? If so, could there be an ancient text that reveals the answer archaeologists seek? Anthropologist Kate O'Hara thinks so. She and a team of fellow academics stumble upon a mysterious Mayan codex while investigating in the Yucatan Peninsula. Before the codex can be authenticated, however, it disappears, and the team begins to receive death threats from a menacing secret society. Luckily, Kate already made a copy of the manuscript, and so begins the lengthy process of translation, despite the terrible danger to their lives. The codex reveals the story of Ahkan, a Maya shaman, and her cousin and soul mate, Took Pac, a priest of the Maya Temple of Kul'kul'kan. Took Pac discovered a secret text written by the Mayan king and prophet, Chan Bahlam II. Kate believes the answer to the world's crisis may be found in the words of Chan Bahlam. Now she must try to translate the manuscript in time-and live long eugh to share the good news with others.
- Author(s)P A Faber
- Date of Publication26/03/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight794 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.