All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBook description: This unique course teaches basic music theory, ear training, and vocal performance. These segments of music are rmally taught as separate courses but in this case have been logically combined. After all the goal of learning to sing should include the ability to collaborate with other musicians in performance. Goals: (a)Learn the basics of music theory; terms, scales, intervals, melody, rhythm, dynamics, harmony and solfege. (b)Learn the basic elements involved in giving ones best during a performance; song selection, rehearsal techniques, evaluation techniques and showmanship. (c)Learn to identify the basic elements of ear training; melody, harmony, rhythm. How instruments and singers combine these elements in a song. Identifying the roles of different singers and musicians in a given song. Target audience: 10 to 17 years old
- Author BiographyPurvis Atkinson is a retired Navy veteran and music enthusiast who holds a bachelor of science from Excelsior College. His daughter Maylyn Atkinson Murphy graduated from the Berklee College of Music with a bachelor of music degree and is a professional singer, songwriter, bandleader, and voice teacher who also owns the independent music label New Ground Records. She has taught the past three years at the Doylestown Community Conservatory and most recently was selected as Head of the Vocal Department at the Northeast Conservatory in Philadelphia. Her style has been described as that of a sultry, bluesy, torch singer with an innate sensuality reminiscent of Norah Jones, Alicia Keys, and Sade. Besides her CD's In My Life and Body and Soul, the latter of which she wrote and produced, May is currently performing in New York, Philadelphia and throughout New Jersey. She has also performed with some of the biggest industry names, like Patti LaBelle, Usher, Li'l Kim, LL Cool J, and P. Diddy.
- Author(s)Purvis Atkinson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight370 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.