Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionIt is 1976 when junior navy officer Jack Blue Morrison is crewed with Magic Sharenti, the hero of his fighter squadron, and tasked to fly off his aircraft carrier to the Philippine port city of Olongapo to secure a gift for the ship's departing admiral. Home to thousands of hookers, Olongapo is torious for being an adult Disneyland, where the American dollar buys anything-including lust. Blue is the envy of all his friends, but he has idea there is a dark side to Olongapo, where he is about to break the ultimate taboo. Blue lands in paradise and soon learns that there are many traditions on Olongapo that must be followed. But after he meets beautiful Filipina Lori Santiago and quickly falls in love, he tosses tradition aside and crosses a forbidden line. Now he must overcome the resentment of his commanders and face his own weaknesses as he un-covers the tragic tale of his squadron hero. As if that were t eugh, Blue soon realizes that Lori's father harbors a long-held grudge against Americans that he has intention of dropping for the sake of his daughter's new love. In this compelling tale, a young naval aviator is propelled into an unforgettable internal journey through love, loss, and change as he quickly learns more about himself than he ever imagined.
- Author(s)Captain Hamlin Tallent
- Date of Publication30/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.