Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.03+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by artcollectartcollect
- Est. delivery by 5 Feb
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlain Badiou, in this sharp and focused intervention, claims that the election of Nicholas Sarkozy as President is t an event, r is it the cause for wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth. To understand the significance of Sarkozy, we have to look behind the insignificant vulgarity of the figure and ask what he represents, namely a reactionary tradition which goes back to the early nineteenth century, in the process mapping out a communist hypothesis that can lay the basis for emancipatory politics in the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyAlain Badiou teaches philosophy at the Aecole normale superieure and the College international de philosophie in Paris.
- Author(s)Alain Badiou
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight159 g
- Width130 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.