All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the backstreets of Bues Aires to Parisian high society, this is the extraordinary story of the dance that captivated the world - a tale of politics and passion, immigration and romance. The Tango was the cornerstone of Argentine culture, and has lasted for more than a hundred years, popular today in America, Japan and Europe. 'The Meaning of Tango' traces the roots of this captivating dance, from it's birth in the poverty stricken Bues Aires, the craze of the early 20th century, right up until it's revival today, thanks to shows such as Strictly Come Dancing. This book offers history, kwledge, teachings and in-sights which makes it valuable for beginners, yet its in-depth analysis makes it essential for experienced dancers. It is an elegant and cohesive critique of the fascinating tale of the Tango, which t only documents its culture and politics, but is also technically useful.
- Author BiographyChristine Denniston is one of the World's leading experts on the teaching and practise of Tango, and has taught the dance on five continents since 1993. She contributes to the websites totaltango.com and history-of-tango.com.
- Author(s)Christine Denniston
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication17/09/2007
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteColour illustrations throughout
- Weight366 g
- Width136 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.