The Meanings of Dress by Andrew Reilly, Kimberly A. Miller-Spillman, Patricia Hunt-Hurst (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $119.41Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $148.43+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of articles and essays from magazines, newspapers, books, and academic journals is designed to expand the reader's awareness and understanding of the role dress plays in cultures and subcultures across the globe. The text, which represents the very best thinking and writing on the subject today, explores essential topics such as dress and sociology, cultural studies, gender, religion, modesty, and techlogical changes. The Meanings of Dress, 3rd Edition is newly revised to reflect the current cultural landscape and includes more theory than previous editions, as well as an increased emphasis on the male perspective. The book provides design and merchandising students with insight into how - and why - consumers buy clothing and other products related to dress, and helps them to hone their trend forecasting skills. Instructors, contact your Sales Representative for access to Instructor's Materials.
- Author BiographyKimberly A. Miller-Spillman, PhD, is Director of Graduate Studies and Associate Professor in the Merchandising, Apparel, and Textiles Department of the University of Kentucky. She is a member of American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS), International Textile and Apparel Association (ITAA) and Costume Society of America (CSA) and chaired the symposium committee for CSA Southeastern Region at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill in 2011. She has been involved with the Ghana Study Abroad program at UK since 2010. Andrew Reilly, PhD, is an Associate Professor of Apparel Product Design and Merchandising at University of Hawai'i, Manoa where he teaches courses on merchandising and social-psychological aspects of fashion and dress. He is principal editor of Critical Studies in Men's Fashion, and a member of the editorial board of Fashion and Popular Culture. He is also co-editor of The Men's Fashion Reader (Fairchild, 2008). He is a member of the International Textile and Apparel Association (ITAA). Patricia Hunt-Hurst, PhD, is an Associate Professor and head of the Textiles, Merchandising, and Interiors Department at The University of Georgia. She teaches courses on the history of fashion and dress, fashion and the movies, and fundamentals of fashion. She had been involved with the Interdisciplinary Ghana Study Abroad program at UGA since 2001. Hunt-Hurst is a member of the Costume Society of America (CSA) and the International Textile and Apparel Association (ITAA).
- Author(s)Andrew Reilly,Kimberly A. Miller-Spillman,Patricia Hunt-Hurst
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/12/2012
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFairchild Books
- Content Note190 illus
- Weight1516 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.