All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionThe first edition of this important work was the winner of the 2002 Publication of Enduring Quality award by the Association of Environmental and Resource Ecomists. The continuing premise for the book is that estimates of the ecomic values of environmental and natural resource services are essential for effective policy-making. As previous editions, the third edition, which includes two additional co-authors, presents a comprehensive treatment of the theory and methods involved in estimating environmental benefits. Researchers, policy-makers, and practitioners will welcome the work as an up-to-date reference on recent developments. Students will gain a better understanding of the contribution that ecomics as a discipline can make to decisions concerning pollution control and human health, recreation, environmental amenities, and other critical issues concerning the way we use and interact with environmental and natural resource systems. To reflect recent progress in both the theory and practice of n-market valuation, the third edition includes more details on empirical approaches to measurement, expanded discussion of the reasons for divergence between willingness to pay and willingness to accept compensation, and increased coverage of ecometric issues encountered in estimation. In keeping with its cutting edge orientation, it also includes more discussion of survey design, equilibrium sorting models, and the implications of behavioral ecomics for welfare measurements and benefit cost analysis.
- Author BiographyA Myrick Freeman III is William D. Shipman Professor of Economics Emeritus at Bowdoin College in Maine, USA, and a former Senior Fellow at Resources for the Future (RFF), Washington DC, USA. Joseph A. Herriges is Professor of Economics at Iowa State University. USA. He was Managing Editor of the Journal of Environmental Economics and Management from 2001-2006. Catherine L. Kling is Charles F. Curtiss Distinguished Professor at Iowa State University, USA, and the Director of the Center for Agricultural and Rural Development. She is a former President of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Author(s)A. Myrick Freeman,III,Joseph A. Herriges
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/04/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Content Note39 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 37 black & white line drawings
- Weight771 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.