The Mechanics of Inhaled Pharmaceutical Aerosols: An Introduction by Warren H. Finlay (Hardback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $185.24Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $172.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Mechanics of Inhaled Pharmaceutical Aerosols, An Introduction provides a unique and comprehensive treatment of the mechanics of inhaled pharmaceutical aerosols. The book covers a wide range of topics and many new perspectives are given by drawing on research from a variety of fields. Novel, in-depth expositions of the most common delivery devices are given, including nebulizers, dry powder inhalers and propellant metered dose inhalers. The behaviour of aerosols in the respiratory tract is explained in detail, with complete coverage of the fundamentals of current deposition models. The book begins by providing a comprehensive introduction to aspects of aerosol mechanics that are relevant to inhaled pharmaceutical aerosols. It then gives an exhaustive pedagogical description of the behaviour of evaporating and condensing droplets (both aqueous and propellant-based), an introductory chapter on lung geometry and inhalation patterns, and coverage of relevant aspects of fluid mechanics in the lung. Finally, the book provides invaluable, detailed coverage on the mechanics of common pharmaceutical aerosol delivery systems and deposition in the respiratory tract. Throughout the book are many detailed numerical examples that apply the salient concepts to typical inhaled pharmaceutical aerosols. This book will be of interest to scientists and engineers involved in the research and development of inhaled pharmaceutical aerosol products. Experienced practitioners will find many new perspectives that will greatly enhance their understanding of this complex and rapidly growing field. For those delivering therapeutic agents to the lung, this book is a must-have. Students and academics will find this book an invaluable tool and for newcomers it is a worthy guide to the diverse fields that must be understood to work in the area of inhaled pharmaceutical aerosols.
- Author BiographyWarren H. Finlay is a professor at the University of Alberta, where he has taught since 1987. He is the recipient of the International Society for Aerosols inMedicine (ISAM) Young Investigator's Award, awarded in Switzerlandearly 2001 at the Biannual Congress of ISAM. This award isgiven every two years to an individual who has made significantcontributions to the field of aerosols in medicine and who is not older than 40 years. He has been a consultant for many pharmaceutical companies throughout Europe and North America. Dr. Finlay received his Ph.D. from Stanford University in 1987, his M.Sc from the University of Alberta in 1984, and his B.Sc. from the University of Alberta in 1983.
- Author(s)Warren H. Finlay
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication19/06/2001
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight720 g
- Width171 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.