All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile Canada is kwn for its official commitment to diversity, a close look at the country's media reveals that lip service to differences twithstanding, they rarely engage with it in ways that reflect its presence in Canadian society. The Media Gaze exposes the mainstream media's attempts to appear objective, even as they may igre or misrepresent those who do t share their white, male, middle-class, heterosexual perspective. Drawing on compelling case studies, this incisive survey explores the societal implications of the industry's hidden bias and suggests strategies for countering its dominance.
- Author BiographyAugie Fleras is a professor of sociology at the University of Waterloo.
- Author(s)Augie Fleras
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2012
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.