Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $64.80Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by books_in_oz
- Est. delivery by 5 Feb
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAustralia is fortunate to have media that are generally competent and occasionally very good indeed. But the print and broadcast material we consume every day can also be perverse, shallow, illogical, infuriatingly opportunistic, crassly commercial, insufferably pretentious and rarely witty. We hold journalists in particular contempt and believe they deal in prefabricated versions of reality - false assumptions of habitual values rather than open-minded observation. It's a unique form of media-manufactured mediocrity. The public distrusts their media but continue to use them. They have little choice. We get The Media We Deserve.
- Author BiographyDavid Salter is one of Australia's most respected independent journalists and television producers. He was Executive Producer of ABC TV's Media Watch program, and writes regularly on media affairs.
- Author(s)David Salter
- PublisherMelbourne University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCarlton
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2007
- ImprintMelbourne University Press
- Weight422 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.