All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book brings together academics, writers and politicians to explore the range and nature of the media in Scotland. The book includes chapters on the separate histories of the press, broadcasting and cinema, on the representation and construction of Scotland, the contemporary communications environment, and the languages used in the media. Other chapters consider television drama, soap opera, broadcast comedy, gender, the media and politics, race and ethnicity, gender, popular music, sport and new techlogy, the place of Gaelic, and current issues in screen fiction. The book offers a comprehensive picture of the media in Scotland and is the first to do so. It raises a number of important questions about how Scotland presents itself at home and abroad as well as analyzing questions of politics, ecomics and governance. Among the contributors are David Bruce, Myra Macdonald, Brian McNair, Hugh O'Donnell, Mike Russell, Philip Schlesinger and Brian Wilson.
- Author BiographyNeil Blain is Professor of Media and Culture and Head of Department of Film & Media Studies at the University of Stirling. David Hutchison is Research Fellow in Media Policy at Glasgow Caledonian University.
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight629 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDavid Hutchison,Neil Blain
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.