All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe history of medicine is as old as the history of human civilization. In The Medical Book, popular science writer Clifford A. Pickover explores 250 milestone discoveries in medicine that span more than 12,000 years. Whether writing on 'hard science' topics such as DNA structure, reverse transcriptase and AIDS, polymerase chain reaction, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), or ideas from the medical fringe such as witch doctors, patent medicines, bloodletting, and near-death experiences, Pickover brings insight and acumen to the broad spectrum of medical studies and makes it understandable to all readers. This volume is abundantly illustrated in full colour with clinical and historical art.
- Author(s)Clifford A. Pickover
- PublisherSterling Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication04/04/2014
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleBarnes & Noble Leatherbound Classics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Width190 mm
- Height220 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.