Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionA detailed and informative guide for athletes, coaches, and referees to common medical problems in judo.
About the Author
Dr. Anthony J. Catanese was born in 1957 in Brooklyn, New York. He started playing judo in the early 1960s. He is currently a fourth-degree black belt. Dr. Catanese graduated from Archbishop Molloy High School, St. John's University, and New York Medical College. He studied general surgery and urology at NYU/Bellevue for six years. In addition to being trained in general surgery and urology, he has training in trauma surgery, emergency medicine, and sports medicine.
Dr. Catanese is a diplomat of the American Board of Urology, a fellow of the American College of Surgeons, a fellow of the International College of Surgeons, and a member of the American College of Sports Medicine. He practices urology and genitourinary oncology at Somerset Medical Center in Somerville, New Jersey. He also serves as the chairman of the Surgery Department.
Dr. Catanese started playing judo under Sensei Hank Kraft at Queens Judo Center in Forest Hills, New York. He competed as a junior, high school, college, senior and master's competitor. He has played locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally. He has owned and operated his own judo school. His experience makes him uniquely qualified to write a book on this subject.
Dr. Catanese trains at Cranford Judo and Karate under Sensei Yoshisida Yonezuka. He volunteers his time as the tournament physician in the New York area.
- Author(s)Anthony J Catanese
- Date of Publication15/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound