All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionLibraries have begun developing services and programs to help researchers meet the demands of the data-driven research enterprise, giving librarians exciting new opportunities to use their expertise and skills. The Medical Library Association Guide to Data Management for Librarians highlights the many ways that librarians are addressing researchers' changing needs at a variety of institutions, including academic, hospital, and government libraries. Each chapter ends with pearls of wisdom, a bulleted list of 5-10 takeaway messages from the chapter that will help readers quickly put the ideas from the chapter into practice. From theoretical foundations to practical applications, this book provides a background for librarians who are new to data management as well as new ideas and approaches for experienced data librarians.
- Author BiographyLisa M. Federer is Research Data Informationist at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Library, where she provides training and support in the management, organization, and re-use of biomedical research data for researchers in the NIH's Intramural Research Program. She received her Masters of Library and Information Studies from the University of California, Los Angeles in 2011 and also holds an MA in English. She has also completed graduate certifications in data visualization from New York University and data science from Georgetown University.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication29/09/2016
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleMedical Library Association Books Series
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight694 g
- Width183 mm
- Height263 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byLisa Federer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.