All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe great walled castles of the medieval world continue to fascinate the modern world. Today, the remains of medieval forts and walls throughout Europe are popular tourist sites. Unlike many other books on castles, The Medieval Fortress is unique in its comprehensive treatment of these architectural wonders from a military perspective.The Medieval Fortress includes an analysis of the origins and evolution of castles and other walled defenses, a detailed description of their major components, and the reasons for their eventual decline. The authors, acclaimed fortification experts J.E. and H.W. Kaufmann, explain how the military strategies and weapons used in the Middle Ages led to many modifications of these structures. All of the representative types of castles and fortifications are discussed, from the British Isles, Ireland, France, Germany, Moorish Spain, Italy, as far east as Poland and Russia, as well as Muslim and Crusader castles in the Middle East. Over 200 photographs and 300 extraordinarily detailed technical drawings, plans, and sketches by Robert M. Jurga accompany and enrich the main text.
- Author BiographyJ.E. Kaufmann is the author of six books on fortifications. He and his wife, H.W. Kaufmann, live in San Antonio, Texas. H.W. Kaufmann is the wife of J.E. Kaufmann, the author of six books on fortifications. They live in San Antonio, Texas.
- Author(s)H. W. Kaufmann,J. E. Kaufmann
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication24/03/2004
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Press Inc
- Content Note200 illustrations, 300 diagrams
- Weight757 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Illustrator(s)Robert M. Jurga
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.