The Melungeons: Resurrection of a Proud People - Untold Story of Ethnic Cleansing in America by Robyn V. Kennedy, N.Brent Kennedy (Paperback, 1996)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.22Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $18.85Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by zachandy
- Est. delivery by 1 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs early as 1654, English and French explorers in the southern Appalachians reported seeing dark-skinned, brown- and blue-eyed, and European-featured people speaking broken Elizabethan English, living in cabins, tilling the land, smelting silver, practicing Christianity, and, most perplexing of all, claiming to be Portyghee. Declared free persons of color in the late 1700s by the English and Scottish-Irish immigrants, the Melungeons, as they were kwn, were driven off their lands and denied voting rights, education, and the right to judicial process. The law was enforced mercilessly and sometimes violently in the resoundingly successful effort to totally disenfranchise these earliest American settlers.
- Author(s)N.Brent Kennedy,Robyn V. Kennedy
- PublisherMercer University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/1996
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMercer University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.