CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.51
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.71
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the young J.W. Bresee left his comfortable Pennsylvania farmhouse in 1897, he did t expect to be embarking on a decade long odyssey. J.W. went to the heart of the Amazon on what he thought would be a mission trip with the Methodists; instead he ended up getting lost, becoming a part of an indigeus tribe for several years, and participating in their rite of passage which involved learning the ways of the jaguar. After his rescue and return to the coast with his friend Pedro, they both signed up for an expedition whose goal was to navigate the Andes mountains and continue the exploration of Antarctica. During this trip through the Andes, J.W. met Salma, a beautiful young woman. On their way to Santiago, all three encountered warring factions high in the Andes mountains, helping them finally find peace. The expedition eventually made it to Antarctica where J.W. and his fellow expedition members, including Salma and a boat captain named Loonbat Wally, survived a horrific blizzard while stranded in a mountain cave. After their miraculous survival, J.W. decided to marry Salma and return home, but t before they encountered one last adventure on a depraved Caribbean island which put his life, along with the lives of Salma and Pedro, at risk.
- Author BiographyBesides writing, Eric greatly enjoys kayaking; he has been paddling since 2005. He frequently participates in marathon and ultra-marathon paddling events all over the United States. In June 2012, Eric paddled 80 straight miles in just 22 hours at Marsh Creek lake in Pennsylvania, raising money for Safe Harbor of Chester County, a local homeless shelter. In May 2011, Eric paddled over 220 miles down the Missouri river in just 36 hours, raising money for another homeless shelter, the Kansas City Rescue Mission. Eric is a veteran of multiple marathon and ultra-marathon canoe and kayak races in the American mid-west. These include the MR340, the Texas Winter 100K, the 2 Dam Days, and the Kaw-lloween Classic. He is a graduate of Dickinson College (2009) and will soon be graduating from Nazarene Theological Seminary with a Master of Divinity degree. Eric is currently an associate pastor at the West Chester Church of the Nazarene in West Chester, PA and maintains a blog at thekayakingchurch.com.
- Author(s)Eric Verbovszky
- Date of Publication13/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byPatricia Verbovszky
- Illustrator(s)Andrew Verbovszky
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.