Save on a similar product
Shop a related product
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the past, the elders had encyclopaedic memories. They could name all the animals and plants across the landscape, and the stars in the sky too. Yet most of us struggle to memorise more than a short poem...Using traditional Aboriginal Australian songlines as the key, Lynne Kelly has identified the powerful memory technique used by indigeus people around the world. She has discovered that this ancient memory technique is the secret behind the great stone monuments like Stonehenge, which have for so long puzzled archaeologists...The stone circles across Britain and rthern Europe, the elaborate stone houses of New Mexico, the huge animal shapes at Nasca in Peru, and the statues of Easter Island all serve as the most effective memory system ever invented by humans. They allowed people in n-literate cultures to memorise the vast amounts of practical information they needed to survive...In her fascinating book The Memory Code, Lynne Kelly shows us how we can use this ancient technique to train our memories today...
- Author BiographyDr Lynne Kelly is a science writer and an Honorary Research Associate at La Trobe University.
- Author(s)Lynne Kelly
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/07/2016
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.