All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Emily Colin s exquisite debut vel, perfect for the fans of Kristin Hannah, one man s vow to his wife sparks a remarkable journey that tests the pull of memory and reaffirms the bonds of love. Before Madeleine Kimble s mountaineer husband, Aidan, climbs Mount McKinley s south face, he makes her a solemn vow: I will come back to you. But late one night, Maddie gets the devastating news that Aidan has died in an avalanche, leaving her to care for their son a small boy with a very big secret. The call comes from J.C., Aidan s best friend and fellow climber, whose grief is seasoned with survivor s guilt . . . and something more. J.C. has loved Maddie for years, but he never wanted his chance with her to come at so terrible a cost. Across the country, Nicholas Sullivan wakes from a motorcycle crash with his memory wiped clean. Yet his dreams are haunted by visions of a mysterious woman and a young boy, neither of whom he has ever met. Convinced that these strangers hold the answers he seeks, Nicholas leaves everything behind to find them. What he discovers will require a leap of faith that will change all of their lives forever. Dazzlingly original and as haunting as a dream, Emily Colin s mesmerizing debut explores the way memory, love, and great loss bind our lives together in ways we might never expect. From its audacious opening to its kckout last pages, I was enthralled. Caroline Leavitt, New York Times bestselling author of Pictures of You In The Memory Thief, love itself is a character, able to transcend all natural boundaries to find its way home, or learn to let go. Emily Colin writes about loss with heartbreaking conviction, and yet there is a kwing sweetness at the core of this richly emotional tale. Here is a lovely, self-assured debut from a writer to watch. Joshilyn Jackson, New York Times bestselling author of A Grown-Up Kind of Pretty
- Author BiographyEmily Colin lives in North Carolina with her partner, their son, two reprehensible canines, and a betta fish. In her other life, she serves as associate director at DREAMS of Wilmington, a nonprofit organization that provides multidisciplinary arts programming for youth in need. The Memory Thief is her first novel.
- Author(s)Emily Colin
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication21/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books Inc.
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Weight313 g
- Width203 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.