CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionFor the first time in published form 'The Men Will Talk to Me: Galway Interviews' chronicles the experiences of the Galway-based survivors of the War of Independence and the Civil War, recorded in the hand-written tebooks of Ernie O'Malley. Many of the individuals would t talk about their experiences, even to their own families, but were willing to talk to Commandant General O'Malley, the senior surviving Republican military commander, who took on the task of preserving the memories of these participants. The resulting O'Malley tebooks provide an unrivaled insight into this important period of Irish history, including the attack on Clifden and life 'on the run' for the Galway IRA volunteers.
- Author BiographyErnie O'Malley was a medical student in Dublin when the 1916 Rising broke out. Although initially indifferent, he soon came to sympathise with the Republican viewpoint and joined the Irish Volunteers, later to become the IRA. He quickly rose through the ranks and was soon organising the IRA around the country, reporting directly to Michael Collins and Richard Mulcahy. Cormac O'Malley is Ernie O'Malley's son. He works as an international lawyer and has been extensively involved in ensuring his father's writings are made accessible to all those interested in Irish history. Cormac O Comhrai is a Galway-based teacher and local historian. He has been involved in research on the War of Independence in the West of Ireland since he was in university and has contributed to several documentaries and publications dealing with this period.
- Author(s)Ernie O'Malley
- PublisherThe Mercier Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationCork
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintThe Mercier Press Ltd
- Content Note32 black & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byCormac O Comhrai,Cormac O'Malley
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.