All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionCounty Kerry saw many of the most vicious episodes in both the War of Independence and the Civil War. Many Republican survivors of these events were reluctant to speak about their experiences, even to their own family. However, they were willing to talk to Ernie O'Malley, who was the senior surviving Republican military commander from the period of those struggles. By transcribing O'Malley's tebooks, where he recorded these interviews, Cormac O'Malley and Tim Horgan have made available previously unpublished first-hand accounts of Kerry's role in the fight for independence. The interviews provide an unrivalled insight into this important period of Irish history, including controversial incidents such as the Ballyseedy massacre, the battle at Headford Junction and executions by the Free State forces.
- Author BiographyCormac O'Malley is the son of Ernie O'Malley, who died in 1957. He lives in New York city and is an international legal consultant working on many matters including inward investment into Ireland. Tim Horgan is from Tralee and is an ophthalmologist in Kerry General Hospital, Tralee. He is married to Ruth and they have four children and reside in Ballymacelligott. Tim's grandmother was secretary to both Ernie O'Malley and Liam Lynch.
- PublisherThe Mercier Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleErnie O'Malley Series
- Place of PublicationCork
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintThe Mercier Press Ltd
- Content Note16 black & white illustrations
- Weight420 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byCormac K. H. O'Malley,Tim Horgan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.